Boeing broke ground in North Charleston, South Carolina for the second 787 final assembly line today, marking the first all-new commercial jetliner assembly plant in the US since then-Lockheed built its L-1011 final assembly line in Palmdale, California in 1968.
The groundbreaking at the North Charleston site comes just weeks after Boeing announced on 28 October that it had selected the city for the second 787 line.
The estimated $750 million investment in the North Charleston facility also includes the capability to support the testing and delivery of aircraft.
Incoming search terms:
- boeing 787 (18)
- Boeing assembly plant (14)
- boeing charleston plant (9)
- boeing south carolina plant (7)
- boeing plant charleston (6)
- boeing 787 charleston (4)
- charleston boeing facility (3)
- boeing sc plant (3)
- boeing mexico plant (3)
- boeing plant 2 (2)